GETTING STARTED WITH REGAINE® FOR WOMEN FOAM
How often do I need to use REGAINE® for Women Foam?
REGAINE® for Women Foam should be applied once a day, and may be used at any time of day.
How do I apply REGAINE® for Women Foam?
Please refer to the Patient Information Leaflet for full directions for use.
- To be effective, it is important to apply the product directly to your scalp and not to your hair, so that it can easily get to your hair follicles and help regrow your hair.
- There is no need to shampoo your hair before using the product. If you wish to shampoo your hair before applying REGAINE® for Women Foam, dry your hair so that the skin on the scalp is dry.
- To open the container: Match arrow on can ring with arrow on cap. Pull cap off.
- Hold the can straight upside down, press nozzle to dispense half a capful of the foam onto a non-absorbent surface. The total amount of foam applied should not exceed half a capful.
- The foam may begin to melt on contact if your fingers are warm. Rinse your fingers in cold water first before dispensing. Be sure to dry them thoroughly before handling the foam.
- In the areas of hair loss/thinning, make a centre parting to help maximize scalp exposure.
- Using your fingertips spread just enough foam to cover areas of hair loss and gently massage the foam into the scalp starting at the back of the scalp and moving towards the front (forehead). Part your hair at least two more times on each side of the center part. Use until all the foam is gone.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water after applying.
- To close the container: Place cap on container and snap into place. Be sure arrows do not line up so cap remains child-resistant.
How soon can I expect results?
Since normal hair usually grows half an inch per month, hair regrowth with REGAINE® for Women Foam also takes time. Results with once daily use of REGAINE® for Women Foam may be seen as early as 12 weeks, though for some women it may take at least 24 weeks for results to be seen. If you do not see any results after 24 weeks of once daily use of the foam, stop using REGAINE® for Women Foam and talk to your doctor
Is there a way to know that REGAINE® for Women Foam is working?
There are a few signs that let you know REGAINE® foam is working to reactivate your hair follicles. For example, during week 2 to week 6 of use, there may be a temporary increase in hair shedding that lasts up to 2 weeks. This increase in hair shedding is to be expected and is temporary; it is a sign that a new growth cycle is beginning and the older hairs you would have lost anyway are making way for new hair. If shedding persists for more than two weeks, stop using this product and consult your doctor.
I just started using REGAINE® for Women Foam and I’ve noticed that my hair loss has increased. Is this typical?
REGAINE® foam stimulates hair follicles to shift from the resting phase to the growth phase. As part of this process, it is not uncommon to see a temporary increase in shedding during weeks 2 to week 6 of use, as older hairs are shed to make way for newer actively growing hairs. If increased shedding continues for more than two weeks, you should stop using the product and consult your doctor to rule out other possible medical problems.
What can I expect my newly grown hair to look and feel like?
Hair growth may be soft and downy at the start but should eventually become the same as normal hair.
How long should I continue to use REGAINE® for Women Foam?
Once hair has begun to regrow, you need to continue using REGAINE® for Women Foam for the growth to continue. If you stop using it the treatment benefits will be lost.
What happens if I see new hair growth and stop using REGAINE® for Women Foam?
Once hair has begun to regrow, you need to continue using REGAINE® for Women Foam for the growth to continue. If you stop using REGAINE® for Women Foam, the treatment benefits will be lost.
What happens if I missed a dose of REGAINE® for Women Foam?
If you miss one or two applications of REGAINE® for Women Foam, just carry on as normal, as if you had not missed the dose(s). Do not use twice as much or twice as often.
Why is REGAINE® for Women Foam suggested to be dispensed onto a non-absorbent surface before being applied?
REGAINE® for Women Foam melts with body heat. By dispensing the product onto a non-absorbent surface, you will be able to take the time you need to apply the product properly to the scalp without it melting.