A NEW HAIRCUT MAY BE JUST WHAT YOU NEED
Read on to be inspired by these do’s and don’ts.
- DO get regular trims. Keeping split ends at bay will make your locks look their thickest and healthiest.
- DO ask for subtle layers. No matter if your hair is thin, wavy, or curly, a layered cut is a fantastic way to fake dimension.
- DO try a zigzag part for some extra oomph at the roots.
- DON’T have hair that’s all one length.
- DON’T rule out a chic pixie cut.
- DON’T get hair extensions. It might be tempting, but the procedure can lead to increased hair thinning due to the pull from the extensions.
- DO opt for highlights or lowlights around the face to give the hair some dimension and warm up your overall look.
- DO add gold tones if you’re a brunette or a redhead; it will instantly warm the face.
- DO stay away from ombré tones. The dark hair on top and light tips on the bottom will accentuate any thinning around the crown.
- DO feel free to use REGAINE® for Women Foam if you have dyed hair.
- DON’T go too dark if you’re trying out hair colour. Going too dark can emphasize the contrast between the scalp and the hair if your skin is lighter than your hair.
- DON’T go crazy with the bleach. A white blonde (if it isn’t your natural colour) can easily be too harsh and cause hair to become dry and brittle.