CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS IN WOMEN
While it might not feel like it, hair loss is surprisingly common in women. There are various causes of hair loss amongst women.
What can cause hair loss in women?
HEREDITARY HAIR LOSS
Female pattern hair loss, also known as androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is an inherited condition, which reduces the time that the hair spends actively growing. AGA causes the hair follicles to become smaller and slowly, thinner, lighter hair replaces your usual hair. In female pattern hair loss, the most prominent hair loss happens on the top of the head and along the parting.
STRESS, DIET AND HORMONE IMBALANCE
Temporary hair loss, known as telogen effluvium, happens when stress, diet, a hormonal imbalance, or a traumatic event, causes hair follicles to remain in the resting stage. It can result in increased hair shedding and hair loss over the whole head. Once the root cause has been corrected, hair should return to its previous thickness. An underactive thyroid may cause or contribute to TE/ temporary hair loss.
ALOPECIA AREATA/ AUTO-IMMUNE DISORDER
Another type of non-hereditary hair loss is alopecia areata, an auto-immune disorder that causes defined patches or complete hair loss that may happen rapidly. If you experience thinning hair signs consult your doctor for treatment.
HAIR LOSS DUE TO OVER STYLING
We all love to style our hair. However, braids, ponytails, cornrows, and extensions can all pull on your hair, resulting in hair loss that can lead to a condition known as traction alopecia. To avoid permanent damage, opt for hairstyles that put less tension on your hair.
For women who are experiencing hereditary hair loss. REGAINE ® For Women hair regrowth products are scientifically proven with the active ingredient minoxidil to stop and even reverse hereditary hair loss. It reactivates your inactive hair follicles and helps promote fuller, stronger and more voluminous hair.
Facts About Women’s Hair Loss
- 40% of women have visible hair loss by the time they are 40.
- Hereditary Hair Loss is the most common cause of hair loss in men and women.
- Female Pattern Hair loss can be identified by the parting becoming more prominent happening on the top of the head and along the parting.
- Women can inherit the hair loss gene from their mother, their father, or from both parents.
- On average, the female adult head has 100,000 individual strands of hair.
- Most people will shed between 50 and 100 hairs per day as part of a healthy re-growth cycle.
- Hereditary hair loss can help be stopped and even reversed through using REGAINE® for Women products.
Treat Thinning Hair in Women
It can be distressing when your hair starts to thin. REGAINE® contains minoxidil and helps reactivate your inactive hair follicles and stimulate hair growth.
Ready to try REGAINE® Hair Loss Treatment?
REGAINE® is scientifically proven to help stop and even reverse hair loss in women. The earlier you start using REGAINE ® the higher your chances of seeing results are.